In the strategic vision of the University of Cagliari, in addition to teaching and scientific research, the activities of the so-called “third mission”, which are aimed at the transfer of knowledge outside the academic context, play a prominent role as well.
The University in fact acts as an economic and cultural engine for the territory, through the development of a university community inclusive and open to dialogue, attentive to the multiple needs, the well-being and enhancement of the people who are part of it and who interact with it.
Concrete objectives linked to this vision include:
- Enhancement of research results and intellectual property
- Development of activities in partnership with companies, bodies and institutions
- Improving the access of the University’s historical, artistic and cultural heritage
- Outgoing orientation and placement activities for the graduates
- Strengthening public engagement and scientific outreach initiatives aimed at citizens
- Strengthening lifelong learning as a continuous training process
In this vision, the promotion of sustainability culture and practices are especially relevant: they’re in line with the objectives set by the UN Agenda 2030, the EU Cohesion Policy 2021-2027, the National Plan for Recovery and Resilience (NRRP) and the Regional Development Programme 2020-2024.